The Class Quality Circle of the College has two complementary purposes. The first is to provide a platform for regularly collecting thoughtful responses from students on their assessments of class sessions, readings, exams and major projects. The second, equally important, purpose is to offer students a structured, positive way to become more actively involved in their class room teaching.
The functions of the Class Quality Circle are
- To implement academic policies relating to all teaching and learning processes, including admissions, student progress, examinations and assessment.
- To oversee the process by which teachers complete the syllabus and the student satisfaction thereon.
- To monitor student results both at the College level tests and the University level examination. Evolve necessary remedial measures to improve the results.
- To monitor the progression of students to higher learning.
- To review and suggest on teaching and learning facilities which provide a physical environment conducive to study.
- To make recommendations regarding textbooks and other learning resources
- To undertake benchmarking of course outcomes.
- To take steps to improve the quality of teaching through regular use and review of student and parent feedback as a basis for continuous improvement.